The Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) was established in 1963 as a province-wide organization. Its goal was to offer social activities to its members and to look at issues affecting retired teachers.
Since then, ARTA has grown to provide such services to its members as: health care, insurance, wellness information and activities, advocacy, retirement planning, technology information, scholarship award, as well as travel plans, social activities and other benefits.
ARTA supports an engaged lifestyle after retirement through member-centred services, advocacy, communication, wellness and leadership.
- ARTA fosters vibrant, engaged, and informed members
- ARTA is a member-centred organization, proactively researching the needs of its present and future membership and providing information about programs and services to meet these needs.
- ARTA promotes a healthy, active and enhanced quality of life for retired people
- ARTA is a leader in and advocate for the promotion of wellness for retirees. ARTA develops and implements strategies to enhance the quality of the life of its members and retired people in the community.
- ARTA ensures a unified voice is heard on issues affecting current and future retired individuals
- ARTA is an effective advocate for its members and retirees with similar interests and concerns. ARTA is recognized as a valued and respected spokesperson on behalf of its members and those in the broader community.