About the Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association
The Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) was established in 1963 as a province-wide organization. Its goal was to offer social activities to its members and to look at issues affecting retired teachers. In 1995 the ARTA Benefit plan was added to its list of services to retired teachers.
Since then, ARTA has grown to provide such services to its members as: insurance, wellness information and activities, advocacy, retirement planning, technology information, scholarship awards as well as travel plans, social activities and other benefits.
We continue to experience tremendous growth. Currently, ARTA has over 20,000 members within the education, public and private sectors. ARTA has seventeen branches throughout Alberta and one satellite branch in British Columbia.
ARTA supports an engaged lifestyle after retirement through member-centred services, advocacy, communication, wellness and leadership.
- ARTA fosters vibrant, engaged, and informed members
- ARTA is a member-centred organization, proactively identifying the needs of its present and future membership and providing information about programs and services to meet these needs.
- ARTA promotes a healthy, active and enhanced quality of life for retired people
- ARTA is a leader and advocate in the promotion of wellness for retirees. ARTA develops and implements strategies to enhance the quality of the life of its members and retired people in the community.
- ARTA ensures a unified voice is heard on issues affecting current and future retired individuals
- ARTA is an effective advocate for its members and retirees with similar interests and concerns. ARTA is recognized as a valued and respected spokesperson on behalf of its members and those in the broader community.
- ARTA nurtures leadership encourages communication, recognizes achievement and embraces sustainability
- ARTA is an effective, ethical and transparent organization that provides services, resources and advocacy in the pursuit of an engaged lifestyle after retirement for its members. ARTA is recognized as a employer of choice by the business and non-profit comunity in the province of Alberta.