Cold Lake/Bonnyville Alberta
CAREERS: The Next Generation is a student-focused, industry-driven community partnership that provides career AWARENESS, EXPLORATION and EXPERIENCE to enable Alberta students to discover a career passion in trades, technologies, health and professions in high demand.
They are seeking a part-time Field Director for Cold Lake, Bonnyville and surrounding areas. In this role, you will build relationships with local industry to increase awareness of the benefits of mentoring local youth, and create opportunities for high school students to apprentice and intern in their companies. You will also build community capacity by providing internship support to school representatives.
They are seeking a commitment of 75 workdays per year, with the heaviest workloads during school start up, semester change, and spring to early summer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Connect with new and existing employers regarding programs and internship opportunities.
- Manage student internship programs including employer recruitment, coordination of placements with schools and monitoring student progress.
- Establish and maintain positive, long term working relationships with diverse stakeholders; including employers, employer associations, students, parents, schools, educators, and other partners.
- Identify community sector needs and resources; and implement plans for CAREERS programs.
- Present information to individuals and groups, and prepare marketing documents.
- Collaborate with team members and assist with CAREERS events to produce results and promote CAREERS.
As Field Director, you will have the following attributes:
- Enthusiastic, energetic and able to engage with employer representatives – from supervisors to executive leadership.
- Results oriented sales history with a proven track record of success and demonstrated ability to build partnerships.
- Possess strong time management, organization and coordination skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Related experience and/or education in business, industry, education or career development.
- Active in community engagement, or community volunteerism, or service organizations.
- Strong user of Microsoft Excel, Word, databases and social media as a communication tool.
- Experienced and efficient at computer-based tracking of daily activities and calendar activities.
- Satisfactory criminal and child welfare checks are required.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are essential.
- Must reside within the Bonnyville or Cold Lake area and able to work from a home office.
This opportunity is open until a suitable candidate is found. Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@nextgen.org. CAREERS: The Next Generation thanks all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.