Full-time – 40hrs/week
From the classrooms and beyond, the Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) and its members are linked by a common purpose — to ensure a healthy, active, engaged and vibrant lifestyle after retirement. We are all part of something special, a bond that unites us and our community; a continuation of fellowship that molded us into who we are today.
ARTA is a vibrant association. Our membership is engaged and informed; the true strength of our association is the passion of its members.
ARTA and its members have an enhanced quality of life; healthy, active members enjoy the benefits of being a member of our association. Our community also benefits from the work ARTA has done in ensuring complete personal wellness.
ARTA and its members have a unified voice. Issues that affect our current and future members are understood and our opinions are expressed and promote action.
ARTA currently has over 20,000 members who are organized into 17 branches throughout Alberta, with one additional satellite branch in BC.
Are you a creative team player? Are you a self-starter, with a strong passion for making a difference in people’s lives, with a results-driven attitude to produce and deliver quality content? Do you deliver amazing experiences to everyone you meet, and work diligently to ensure your passion for people is strong? Do you enjoy digging in while building strong relationships with those around you, and expanding your internal and external networks? If this is you, then we invite you to apply to join our vibrant and exciting association.
Reporting to the Manager, Public Relations, the Marketing Coordinator works to develop, establish and maintain marketing, branding and public relations strategies to meet organizational objectives. Working alongside other members of the Public Relations and Member Services team, the Marketing Coordinator will ensure the effective management and execution of the marketing, advertising, branding, promotion and communications activities of the association.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- manage and coordinate all marketing, public relations, advertising and promotional activities
- meet with management, executives, and other representatives of employers and associations who promote and endorse the ARTA Retiree Benefits Plan
- deliver public presentations on the benefits of the association as required (may include travel and occasional work on evenings and weekends)
- conduct market research to determine market requirements to meet the associations’ needs
- analysis of customer research and current market conditions
- assist in the creation and management of the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
- monitor, review and report on marketing activity and results
- assist in the management and development of the association’s branding strategy
- deliver marketing activities within approved budget
- support of the association’s website, Facebook page, LinkedIn, YouTube and other social media channels
- coordinate the association’s annual photo contest and writing contest
- liaise with media and advertising outlets as required
- assist in the management and further development of the association’s member discount program
- create and maintain the inventory of print material in support of the association’s marketing efforts
- other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- proven work experience as a Marketing Coordinator or similar role
- experience in creating and implementing social media plans
- experience in the group benefits industry a bonus
- excellent communication skills
- excellent organization and coordination skills
- must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- able to work in a fast-paced environment
- ability to meet deadlines
- experience with relevant software applications
- strong written and verbal skills
- positive attitude
- problem analysis and problem-solving abilities
- belief in teamwork
- great formal presentation skills; comfort in public speaking
- ability to be persuasive, adaptable and innovative
Compensation and Benefits:
ARTA offers a competitive salary, matching RRSP’s as well as a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, drug coverage, dental etc.).
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your résumé to:
Attention: CEO & Executive Director
Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association
11835 149 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, T5L 2J1