If you are an Education Sector ARTA member accessing the ARTA health care plan and your membership is expiring on June 30th, 2017, changes will be made to your membership renewal process.
ARTA has received your feedback on how membership fees are collected. ARTA members were requesting an automatic payment process in order to ease the hassle of membership renewal. We’ve listened and are making changes to the membership renewal process beginning July 1, 2017.
Rather than collecting annual membership fees for the 2017/2018 year, we will be withdrawing your membership fees along with your health care premium on a monthly basis. That would be a withdrawal of $2.09 per month for regular members or $4.17 per month for affiliate members in addition to the monthly health care premium fees.
The convenience of worry-free membership renewals
- No more forgetting to pay your annual renewal.
- No longer worrying about health coverage being suspended due to non-payment.
In order for us to process your automatic renewal payments immediately, we will need your authorization to make this withdrawal from your bank account. To ensure that your benefits continue uninterrupted, please follow these steps:
- Have your ARTA membership card on hand.
- Download the PDF of the Amendment to Pre-authorized Debit Agreement.
- Open the PDF and read the agreement.
- Fill in your name, address and ARTA member number on the first page of the interactive PDF form.
- Date the form on the third page.
- Print the form.
- Sign the form
- Send in all three pages to ARTA by June 15th
NOTE: If the signed agreement is sent in late, you will incur multiple monthly payments for any months missed.
You can send it in by:
Scan (original size and no photographs) and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association
11835 149 Street NW
Edmonton AB T5L 2J1
If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 1-855-212-2400
UPDATE: We are experiencing a higher than average call volume. If you are trying to contact us by phone, please leave only one voicemail message. We appreciate your patience as we reply to your messages.