ARTA has one of the best voluntary Retiree Benefit Plans in Canada. Established in 1995 by retired teachers for retired teachers, the ARTA Benefit Plans offer…
Options for different levels of coverage for Extended Health Care (EHC), with or without Emergency Travel coverage, and for different levels of coverage for Dental Care. The many options provide the freedom to select the coverage level that’s right for members and their families.
The ARTA Benefit Plan:
- Is the most competitive plan in the market.
- Offers a choice in health and dental plans to best suit your lifestyle.
- Offers the crown jewel of ARTA’s plan – emergency travel insurance with $5,000,000 lifetime coverage, no pre-existing conditions clauses and no stability clauses.
- Offers trip cancellation insurance of up to $10,000.
- Covers you on multiple 92-day trips.
- Has the ability to top up with supplementary travel insurance to extend to 212 travel days for a single trip.
Did you know?
There is a 60 day enrolment window. If you apply for coverage before, or within 60 days after leaving another group insurance plan, you can join the retiree plan without a medical questionnaire. Apply early so your program is in place when your current program ends.
If you apply for Emergency Travel benefits after the 60 day enrolment window, you may still apply. However you will need to complete a medical questionnaire, and your travel coverage may be denied. If you apply for Dental Care as a late applicant your coverage in your first year of coverage is prorated. You can enrol in EHC benefits at any time.