ARTA Retiree Benefits Plan Update
Every year prior to our annual renewal, the ARTA Retiree Benefits Plan undergoes a review to ensure the benefits and services we offer continue to meet our commitment to supporting the well-being of plan members and their dependants, while also ensuring the plan remains financially stable. As a result of the latest review, we’re pleased to announce the following benefit updates which take effect on November 1, 2018.
Extended Health Care Benefits
- The 36-month maximum for hearing aids will increase to $900 for Health Wise and Total Health plans and $1,100 for Health Wise Plus and Ultimate Health plans
- The hospital room daily maximum will increase to $150 for semi-private rooms and $187 for private rooms
- Nebulizers will be added to the plan with a five-year maximum of $150 (including parts and repairs)
- Reimbursement rates for certain paramedical services (massage, physiotherapy, etc.) will be increasing; however, yearly maximums will remain the same. Details are available in Extended Health Care Plan Text
- Two additional health states will be added to the existing enhanced special authorization process—ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis
- Coverage for fluoride varnish will be added as part of the regular fluoride treatment benefit
New Program – ARTACares
Navigating the health care system can be complex but ARTACares is here to help. ARTACares provides support to you and your family during times of need such as a serious illness, injury, surgery or even for lingering concerns such as a chronic illness.
Through ARTACares, a nurse will provide support to you or a loved one by addressing your health or caregiving challenges and providing tangible solutions. With a simple phone call, you can receive support in:
- Health care system navigation
- Health advocacy
- Care coordination
- Chronic disease support
- Medical second opinion services
- Caregiving consultations
You can access ARTACares, free of charge, by calling 1-888-327-1500.
ARTACares is provided by HumanaCare, an Alberta-based health and wellness provider with more than thirty-five years of Canadian health care experience.
No Change to Premiums
We’re pleased to announce that while our benefits and services are improving, our premium rates for the 2018-2019 benefit year will remain the same. So, what you paid in 2017-2018 will continue to be what you pay in 2018-2019.
If you have questions about these changes or your ARTA retiree benefits, please contact an ARTA benefit plan coordinator at email@example.com or toll-free at 1-855-444-ARTA (2782).