New Job Posting – Communications Strategist
Overview of the position:
Are you buzzing with ideas and intrigued by powerful storytelling? Do you have a way with words and strong opinions on if enrolment is spelled with one l or two? Can you create amazing communications pieces, custom-tailored for different audiences and channels? Then you will fit right in ̶ we are looking for a skilled Communications Strategist to join our dynamic team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this position works as a member of the marketing team, with a focus on creating communications pieces for our existing members.
This position will work closely with the Member Support team when drafting communications pieces related to the ARTA Retiree Benefits Plan. The position will also be responsible for strengthening ARTA’s profile with its existing members, and ensure information is ready to be delivered to members and key stakeholders in an engaging, timely, and informative manner.
Life at ARTA:
The Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) is a vibrant organization made up of 25,000 retired educators and like-minded professionals and served by an equally as engaged team of staff. Created by teachers, we are an Alberta-based non-for-profit linked by a common purpose – to ensure a healthy, active, engaged, and vibrant lifestyle for our members in their retirement.
Our culture encourages our members and our employees to live an enhanced quality of life. As a Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice (2017, 2018, and 2019), office perks include a staff wellness program, generous time off, and continuing learning opportunities. This culminates in a workplace where we can thrive together.
A rapidly growing organization, ARTA provides an environment where individual contribution is expected and teamwork is encouraged, and where our core values are of the utmost importance. If you have a strong passion for making a difference in people’s lives, are a creative team player, and enjoy building strong relationships with those around you, then we invite you to apply to join our exciting association.
What you will do:
- Develop, edit and proof copy for various member communications pieces, including but not limited welcome packages.
- Create, revise, and finalize ARTA documents.
- Support the news&views editorial team through article solicitation and organization, advertising management, and copy editing and proofreading support.
- Create content appropriate for marketing materials, including but not limited to, traditional advertising, digital content (including videos, blog posts, social media posts, and other digital media as applicable), flyers, and brochures, and exhibit resources.
- Write content for websites, social media and other marketing and communications materials.
- Ensure the quality of all ARTA materials through proofreading and editing.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing Department to ensure materials developed to maintain consistency, creative vision, and strategy.
- Assist in the development and delivery of ARTA presentations.
- Work collaboratively with various internal divisions and departments.
- Liaise with the Strategic Planning and Advocacy Committee to draft letters, press releases, or other supporting documents related to ARTA’s advocacy efforts.
- Create resources as required by ARTA partners, Committees, Branches, and the Alberta Retired Teachers Charitable Foundation.
- Work with branch volunteers and executives to develop new content for their newsletters and websites, as well as proofread/edit content produced by the branch
- Other duties as required,
What you will have:
- Degree or diploma in area such as communications or marketing, or English, or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of experience in communications or copywriting.
- Strong written, verbal and proofreading skills (in the English language).
- Ability to work independently on a day-to-day basis, as well as the outgoing demeanour needed to work in a team.
- Demonstrated strengths in communication; listening; strategic thinking and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of attention to detail as well as project and time management skills.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.