New Job Posting – Executive Administrative Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant
Full-time – 40hrs/week
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Senior Executive Assistant
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides a variety of administrative and professional support services related to the effective and efficient operation of the Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) office. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Administrative Assistant (EAA) provides administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The EAA works in partnership with the Senior Executive Assistant to ensure all initiatives and commitments of the ARTA office are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support to Executives
The EAA plays a significant and diplomatic role in support of the office as well as maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external members of the association.
- Accurately, and in a timely manner, provide word processing and other computer application services to the COO and CFO as well as other designated Executive Officers of the Board.
- Compose office correspondence including letters, reports, briefings and related documentation to the COO/CFO or on behalf of the organization as directed. This includes preparing, proofreading and editing.
- Coordinate and manage the COO’s and CFO’s meetings, events and travel arrangements as required.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the COO/CFO.
- Ensure sensitive and confidential information is managed appropriately.
The Executive Administrative Assistant is accountable to ensure that meetings of its committees are planned and organized efficiently. As well as providing a wide range of senior-level pre and post-meeting support to the Committee Members, this position will:
- Act as the primary contact for the ARTA committee members.
- Serve as the recording secretary of designated ARTA committees, attend meetings, and prepare agendas, information binders and minutes as requested by the CEO.
- Prepare and distribute copies of policies, position descriptions, and related materials as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date registry of committee orientation manuals as required.
- Organize and coordinate catering services as required.
- Organize and arrange committee initiated in-services and meetings as required.
- Observe all pertinent Board policies and administrative procedures and maintain strict confidentiality with regard to the affairs of ARTA, its employees, and members.
- Assist committees with tasks consistent with the Duties and Responsibilities, as required or as requested by the Senior Executive Assistant and/or the CEO.
- Develop, implement, maintain and revise a functional electronic filing system for the central files of ARTA as required.
- Maintain and order general office and boardroom meeting supplies on an ongoing basis as required.
- Provide assistance to the Receptionist in answering telephone calls or receiving visitors as required.
- Assist ARTA staff with tasks consistent with the Duties and Responsibilities as approved by the Senior Executive Assistant and/or the CEO & Executive Director.
- Perform various administrative support functions as requested by the Senior Executive Assistant and/or the CEO.
- Acquire skills and develop competence in the use of office equipment or computer programs related to these Duties and Responsibilities, in keeping with changes that may occur from time to time.
- Have formal education in office administration or a related field
- 1 – 3 years’ experience providing support at the executive level
- Strong reading, writing, recording and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of relevant software, such as MS Office products and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Flexibility concerning work schedule to accommodate travel (up to 25%)
Compensation and Benefits:
ARTA offers a competitive salary, matching RRSP’s as well as a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, drug coverage, dental etc.)
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your résumé to:
Attention: CEO & Executive Director
Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association
11835 149 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, T5L 2J1