New Job Posting – Staff Pharmacist
About the job
Pharmacist – Job Description
ARTARx’s vision is to create a unique pharmacy environment in Canada that supports its pharmacy team members to practice to the full extent of their clinical scope without the retail/commercial burden of a traditional community pharmacy. This is the only pharmacy of its kind in Canada as it will be the first vertically integrated pharmacy that looks after the health needs of its own plan members.
ARTARx will enable the Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) to combine plan design with self-administration of the benefit program with the ability to render pharmacy services directly to members in an environment where proceeds from the operation are fully reinvested into the plan for the benefit of the health of its members.
Two, full-time, permanent positions, reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, will be based out of ARTA’s head office in Edmonton. Pharmacist will collaborate with other pharmacy staff on the performance of day-to-day dispensary operations and the performance of strategic member health programs and services offered by the pharmacy. Pharmacist will perform pharmacy services at ARTARx that met or exceed the Alberta College of Pharmacy (ACP) Standards of Practice as well as delivery of highest quality pharmacy services to ARTA members.
ARTARx Pharmacist will be supported by the ARTA organization to explore opportunities to improve their professional practice to provide meaningful clinical engagement with pharmacy customers to improve members health. In support of the pharmacist, ARTARx will allocated educational resources to facilitate the continuing development of their clinical knowledge to meet the needs of the organization. ARTARx Pharmacist will prioritize the provision of the highest level of clinical care to pharmacy customers.
Life at ARTA:
The Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) is a vibrant organization made up of over 27,000 retired educators and like-minded professionals and served by an equally as engaged team of staff. Created by teachers, we are an Alberta-based non-for-profit linked by a common purpose – to ensure a healthy, active, engaged, and vibrant lifestyle for our members in their retirement.
Our culture encourages our members and our employees to live an enhanced quality of life. As a Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice (2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020), office perks include an in-office fitness centre, staff wellness program, generous vacation allowance, and continuing learning opportunities. This culminates in a workplace where we can thrive together.
A rapidly growing organization, ARTA provides an environment where individual contribution is expected and teamwork is encouraged, and where our core values are of the utmost importance. If you have a strong passion for making a difference in people’s lives, are collaborative and articulate, and enjoy building strong relationships with those around you, then we invite you to apply to join our exciting association.
- Be a leader in our pharmacy environment that supports professional practice at fullest scope under Alberta legislation.
- Working in collaboration with health care providers to review prescription orders for clinical appropriateness and patient safety.
- Support the achievement of customer health goals and business growth with superior clinical service.
- Supervising pharmacy team members in the dispensing operation of ARTARx in accordance with ACP’s Standards of Practice and Provincial legislation.
- Lead in the performance of health promotion programs and services that promote the achievement of member health goals and knowledge.
- Chronic health conditions education seminars and articles
- Travel and preventative vaccination programs and services.
- Provision of health care plans and medication management and appropriate follow up consultation.
- Ensuring customer privacy in distribution of medications and provision of clinical services.
- Prescription and over-the-counter inventory management.
- Support the future of the pharmacy profession, by leading ARTARx as a practicum site for University of Alberta Pharmacy program.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD, with authorization to administer drugs by injection. Additional Prescribing Authority an asset.
- Registration in good standing with ACP and qualifications.
- Previous pharmacy experience in community or hospital pharmacy. Experience in a central fill, or mail-order pharmacy an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong sense of professionalism.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in KROLL Pharmacy Management system is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with vial and/or pouch filling pharmacy automation an asset.
- Two, Full-time, permanent beginning in January 2022.
- Position based in Edmonton, Alberta.
This position offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits with a Flexible Spending Account, a matching RRSP program, work-life balance, as well as a fun and friendly work environment.
All ARTA and ARTARx employees are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
This competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications for this posting will be accepted until the end of day Tuesday, October 26, 2021.