New Online Portal
Members can now submit travel insurance claims via Allianz Global Assistance’s new user-friendly, mobile-responsive online claims submission portal. The portal provides a smoother, more efficient claims journey, while keeping you informed at each stage along the way.
What You Can Do in the Portal
- Easily create a secure account where you can submit and track the status of your claim.
- Upload all necessary documents to process a claim instead of sending them via regular mail.
- No scanner? No worries: photos of documents taken with a mobile phone are also accepted.
- Easily identify any documents you may have missed and add them to your claim submission.
- Save and return to a claim you started but have not yet submitted.
- Skip the step of completing and mailing in a paper claim form with supporting documents.
Who Can Submit Claims Online
Members who have not already started a claim over the phone or contacted Allianz for medical assistance in real-time can submit a claim online.
Members who have already engaged Allianz to open a claim should continue to follow Allianz’s paper claims submission process, which includes completing the recently improved claim form and mailing it in with all required documents.
How to Access the Site
The online claims portal is accessible at allianzassistanceclaims.ca 24/7 from any device or browser.
Which Claim Types Are Eligible
All products and benefits, including medical, trip cancellation, trip interruption, and baggage, are eligible.
Travel Medical Emergencies
If you experience a medical emergency while travelling, you still must call Allianz Global Assistance before seeking treatment whenever possible. Allianz’s agents will refer you to the nearest medical facility, arrange billing on your behalf whenever possible, advise you of important information related to the claims process, and more.
In a serious medical emergency, you should go to a hospital and have a family member or friend call Allianz on your behalf once you are at the facility.
Travel insurance does not cover everything. For complete terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions, please refer to your policy. Allianz travel insurance is underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of the Co-operators group of companies and administered by Allianz Global Assistance, which is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc.