New Allianz Online Claims Portal
New online portal helps make travel insurance claims submissions quicker, easier
Plan members can now submit travel insurance claims via Allianz Global Assistance’s new user-friendly, mobile responsive online claims submission portal. The portal provides a smoother, more efficient claims journey, while keeping you informed at each stage along the way.
What you can do in the portal:
- Easily create a secure account, where you can submit and track the status of your claim
- Upload all necessary documents to process a claim instead of sending them in via regular mail; No scanner? No worries: photos of documents taken with a mobile phone are also accepted
- Easily identify any documents you may have missed and add them to your claim submission
- Save and return to a claim you started but have not yet submitted
- Skip the step of completing and mailing in a paper claim form with supporting documents
Who can submit claims online
Plan members who have not already started a claim over the phone or contacted Allianz for medical assistance in real-time.
Plan members who engage Allianz to open a claim should continue to follow Allianz’ paper claims submission process, which includes completing the recently improved claim form and mailing it in with all required documents.
Important note: Any claims currently in progress will not be accessible via the portal.
How to access the site
The online claims portal is accessible at www.allianzassistanceclaims.ca 24/7 from any device or browser.
Which claims types are eligible
All products and benefits, including medical, trip cancellation, trip interruption and baggage, are eligible.
Travel medical emergencies
If you experience a medical emergency while travelling, it remains important that you call Allianz Global Assistance before seeking treatment whenever possible. Allianz’ agents will provide you with a referral to the nearest medical facility, arrange billing on your behalf whenever possible, and advise you of important information related to the claims process and more.
In a serious medical emergency, you should go to a hospital and have a family member or friend call Allianz on your behalf once you are at the facility.
Travel insurance does not cover everything. Travel insurance is underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of The Co-operators group of companies and administered by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance is the registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. and AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd.