Making Connections To Assist and Protect You While You Travel
As the world begins to open up again, you might be longing for the kinds of connections that only the experience of travelling makes possible. That desire could mean escaping to places you’ve dreamed of visiting or embracing far-away loved ones after a long time apart. As your travel insurance provider, Allianz Global Assistance is there to help you get back in touch with the joys of travel when the time is right.
Connecting You to a Great Start
- Robust protection from a variety of unexpected travel emergencies
- Knowledgeable pre-trip assistance to help you prepare for a great trip
- Helpful information and resources to keep you up to date on changing travel requirements
- Easy-to-access, country-specific information available online that prepares you to navigate a medical emergency at your destination
Connecting You to the Highest Level of Care in an Emergency
- 24/7/365 multilingual emergency assistance
- Referrals to the most accessible and appropriate medical care at your destination based on your unique health-care needs
- Virtual care from a physician via video or teleconference when appropriate
- Worldwide network of over 900,000 trusted physicians and hospitals
- Efficient navigation of the health-care system on your behalf in the region you’re visiting
- Close monitoring of your treatment plans
- Arranging direct billing for your treatment whenever possible, so you can avoid out-of-pocket expenses
- Keeping you and your loved ones in touch and up to date
- Coordinating arrangements for your safe return home if necessary
Connecting You to a Secure, Smooth, Efficient Ending to Your Experience
Allianz Global Assistance makes it easy for travellers to submit claims from a mobile device or any browser via their online claims portal, available at allianzassistanceclaims.ca.
- Eligible claims for online submission include trip cancellation, interruption, and delay, as well as out-of-pocket emergency medical expenses.
Connecting You to Resources so You Can Stay Informed
The world of travel continues to change, and your health and safety remains our priority. As with every trip, travellers are encouraged to review and follow Government of Canada travel advice and advisories (travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories) and stay informed of advisory levels and COVID-19 activity at their destination.
Community transmission of COVID-19 continues in many countries and we are still in a pandemic. It’s critical for all ARTA members to plan ahead, do their research, and regularly review COVID-19 requirements for their departure, arrival at their destination, and return to Canada, including using the ArriveCAN app. Learn more here: canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html
Allianz Global Assistance remains committed to protecting ARTA members and their travel experiences in the moments that matter most before, during, and after your trip.
If you have any questions about your ARTA Emergency Travel member plan, please call 1-844-996-9003.
ARTA Emergency Travel Insurance includes:
- Up to $5 million for sudden and unexpected medical emergencies
- Up to $10,000 in trip cancellation and interruption benefits
- Up to $5,000 for private duty nursing
- Medical transportation
- Return of vehicle (up to $5,000), excess baggage (up to $500), and animal companion (up to $500)
Expenses related to COVID-19 may now be eligible under your ARTA Emergency Travel member plan as long as you’re travelling after October 21, 2021, and there is no travel advisory related to COVID-19 in effect at your destination. Contact the ARTA Member Support team for more details.
Travel insurance does not cover everything. For complete terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions, please refer to your policy. ARTA’s travel insurance is underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of the Co-operators group of companies and administered by Allianz Global Assistance, which is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc.
Allianz Global Assistance does not tolerate any attempt of fraud and considers it a serious offence.