Volunteer Tutors Wanted
The Cold Lake Community Learning Centre is currently looking for a passionate Volunteer Tutor to help assist our adult learners in the fields of literacy, math, GED prep or English as a Second Language.
The candidate will help the learner achieve their learning goal in a one-on-one setting. Each Volunteer Tutor and adult learner will meet weekly for a one- to two-hour tutoring session. There is flexibility with the schedule; the days and times will be determined according to the availability of the Volunteer Tutor and the learner. They offer free training, flexible schedule, books, materials and classroom space. Get involved today and make a positive change in someone’s life!
Essential skills and experience:
- A minimum of Grade 12 education
- 18 years of age or older
- Strong communication and instructional skills
- Proficient and confident in reading and writing English
- Patient, considerate, supportive and flexible
- Experience in teaching considered an asset, but definitely not required
The candidate for this position will be expected to:
- Understand, accept and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Assess the learner and adapt tutoring style and curriculum to various learners and skill levels
- Prepare and organize individualized lessons according to the learner needs
- Actively interact and engage with the learner
- Make a positive impact on the students by providing guidance and support
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of the learner
- Provide Cold Lake Community Learning with up to date tutor log and learner progress
Please send your resume to email@example.com. In accordance with policy, successful
applicants will need to provide a current criminal record check.
Cold Lake Community Learning Centre has been dedicated to helping adults achieving their learning goals since 1974 by offering and
providing learning opportunities. They pair and connect adult learners who want to improve their reading, writing, comprehension,
math, computer and English as a second language skill with volunteer-tutors. They also offer a range of diverse classes and workshops,
including language classes.
They believe that lifelong learning opportunities should be available and accessed by each individual in our community. Their services
are free and for adults only.
Cold Lake Community Learning Centre is funded by Alberta Advanced Education.