City of Edmonton – Wellness Program
Regular physical activity helps people stay happy, and healthy building strength and immunity. A healthy body is less likely to get sick or injured. It is for that reason that physical activity continues to be important as you age.
The City of Edmonton’s Wellness Program provides ARTA members (and their immediate family members living in the same household) with discounts on admissions to City operated sports and fitness centres.
With admission discounts, convenient locations across the City, flexible payment plans, and professional staff combined with world-class facilities, equipment and programs, many Edmonton & area residents choose the City of Edmonton as their fitness provider.
ARTA members are eligible for discounted City of Edmonton recreation centre rates, including:
- 20 per cent off an annual pass – payment in full is due at the time of purchase
- 20 per cent off the continuous monthly pass – payment is withdrawn automatically from your account through a pre-authorized debit agreement)
- 15 per cent off multi admission passes as long as you purchase five or more visits
To access these discounts, go to the facility of your choice, tell the cashier you are a member of a Corporate Wellness Program participating company, and show your ARTA Membership Card.
FACILITIES AND AMENITIES
Swimming pools, whirlpools, fitness studios, cardio areas, weight rooms, racquetball, squash and tennis courts, indoor running tracks, gymnasiums, cafeterias and pro-shops. Hours of operation from 5:30 am to midnight (hours vary according to facility). For more information please call 311 (if outside of Edmonton 780-442-5311).
- ACT Aquatic and Recreation Centre 2909 – 113 Avenue
- Bonnie Doon Leisure Centre 8648 – 81 Street
- Central Lions Seniors Centre 11113 – 113 Street
- Confederation Leisure Centre 11204 – 43 Avenue
- Clareview Community Recreation Centre 3804 – 139 Avenue
- Eastglen Leisure Centre 11410 – 68 Street
- Grand Trunk Fitness and Leisure Centre 13025 – 112 Street
- Hardisty Fitness and Leisure Centre 10535 – 65 Street
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre 9200 – 163 Street
- Kinsmen Sport Centre 9100 Walterdale Hill
- Londonderry Fitness and Leisure Centre 14528 – 66 Street
- Mill Woods Recreation Centre 7207 – 28 Avenue
- Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre 1100 Stadium Road
- O’Leary Fitness and Leisure Centre 8804 – 132 Avenue
- Outdoor Pools (open during summer months)
- Peter Hemingway Fitness and Leisure Centre 13808 – 111 Avenue
- Francis Xavier Sports Centre 9240 – 163 Street
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre 2051 Leger Road
- The Meadows Community Recreation Centre 2704 17 Street
- Scona Pool 10450 – 72 Avenue
FIT MORE IN!
- Access exciting facilities across the city, including the new Meadows Community Recreation Centre and Clareview Community Recreation Centre.
- Enjoy state-of-the-art equipment and extensive amenities.
- Stay active with a wide range of popular drop-in fitness programs such as aquafit, circuit training, spin bike, yoga, pilates, and skating.
- Choose a pass bundle that is right for you – “no frills,” “all access,” or something in between.
- Swim or work out as often as you want with multi, monthly or annual pass options.
- Visit neighbouring recreation facilities – included with various pass offerings.
- Take advantage of the lower cost for annual and monthly passes and get into an active lifestyle.
- Pay for Continuous Monthly Membership Passes with a convenient automated monthly payment plan.
- Get free admission to recreation facilities through the Leisure Access Program for low-income Edmontonians.