October 12 is World Arthritis Day!
Living with rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease can be physically painful and emotionally challenging. Below are some tips on how you can take action and live your life to the fullest.
- Stay active! Consult your doctor or physiotherapist about the type of exercise most appropriate for your condition.
- Eat healthy! A balanced diet with reduced salt and sugar will help keep you energized and reduce the risk of other diseases.
- Keep a journal! Writing down your physical symptoms will help with your medical consultations. You can also write down how you feel if you find it hard to talk to others about your condition.
- Relax! Some people find relaxation techniques helpful with managing stress and getting enough quality sleep will help keep you healthy.
- Set goals! Focus on what you can do and what is good in your life.
By taking these steps, you can manage your arthritis symptoms and live life to its fullest. The future is in your hands!
For more posts like these, visit the Physical Wellness page.