ARTA Welcomes Strathcona County
Strathcona County has partnered with the Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) to make the ARTA Retiree Benefits Plan available to all eligible retirees.
Coverage is guaranteed regardless of your health or previous medical conditions if you apply within 60 days of your group benefits ending.
To best meet the health care needs of you and your family, there are several plan options:
- Four Extended Health Care options which include vision coverage (each option includes two prescription drug plan maximums)
Two of the Extended Health Care plans include:
- Emergency Travel Insurance with 100% coverage for sudden and unforeseen emergencies
- Coverage is for 92 days per trip, with the opportunity to add single trip supplementary coverage for a total of 212 days
- Trip cancelation coverage
- $2 million lifetime maximum
- Three dental coverage options
- Additional trip cancellation/interruption/delay/baggage loss coverage is available
4 page overview of the Retiree Benefits Plan including premium rates
ARTA Membership Application
There is no ARTA membership application for public service sector applicants as ARTA membership fees will be included in these applicants Health & Wellness Benefit Plan premiums
Application to join the ARTA Retiree Benefits Program