Grieving & Other Resources
Coping with the passing of a loved-one can be difficult.
ARTA has provided the following checklist of things to consider while going through this very difficult time. Please note that while most of the contact information provided is specific to Alberta residents, non‐Alberta residents can still use this checklist to ensure that all matters are dealt with.
- Notify friends and family
- Deal with intentions as to donation of organs, cremation, or burial.
- Make funeral arrangements.
- Apply for a Burial Permit.
- Complete a Registration of Death Form.
- Locate your loved one’s will.
- Locate other key documents.
- Cancel Planned Trips
- Order a Certificate of Death Form.
- Stack and store incoming mail.