Join the University of Alberta’s Animal Care and Use Committees and Make A Difference!
Are you passionate about animal welfare and ethical research practices? Do you believe in the importance of promoting responsible and compassionate treatment of animals in scientific studies? If so, we invite you to apply to become a community representative on the University of Alberta’s Animal Care and Use Committees.
As a community representative, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that the highest standards of animal care and welfare are maintained in research activities. Your unique perspective and valuable insights will contribute to the decision-making process, policy development, and protocol review within the committees.
On the committee, you will have the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact: Your expertise and input will help shape the ethical considerations and guidelines for animal research at the University of Alberta, influencing the practices and policies that govern our research community.
- Advocate for Animal Welfare: As a community representative, you will be an advocate for the well-being and ethical treatment of animals in research. Your voice will help raise awareness and promote responsible practices both within the university and the broader community.
- Collaborate with Experts: Engage in meaningful discussions and collaborate with researchers, faculty members, veterinarians, and other professionals in the field of animal care and research. Your contributions will be valued and respected as an integral part of the decision-making process.
- Contribute to Science and Society: By ensuring the highest standards of animal welfare, you will be contributing to the advancement of scientific knowledge and fostering a culture of responsible research, benefiting both academia and society at large.
- Expand Your Network: Join a community of individuals who share your passion for animal welfare and ethical research. Build connections, learn from experts in the field, and create lasting relationships with like-minded individuals.
To express your interest or learn more about becoming a community representative, please contact Pamela Raposo at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!